Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Year!!

2009 already, can't believe it. We were low key this year, just watched the ball drop at home with some fairly cheesy, FL friendly ground sparklers. Precious was really impressed with herself for holding a sparkler, apparently she hadn't ever done that before. She was marching around proclaiming that she was a beauty queen, it was very innocent of her (for a change). JJ was in hyper mode the whole time, I don't know how we all didn't get 3rd degree burns from him. I just shook my head when he stared me down and told me that it barely hurts when the sparks touch your skin...great. We set the fireworks off at like 10 though, and JJ started getting tired soon after. Aleks had to drag him out of his room at 11:30, but he curled up next to me and fell right back to sleep. At 11:57 Aleks started waking him up and he cried, but he did keep his eyes open for the countdown. The next morning I said "Happy New Year, it's 2009 now!" and he was somber and said "I know, I saw the ball drop." Poor kid, such is life.

The children still haven't been officially placed here. According to the caseworker this weekend is the magic date-right. I've heard that before. The calming "ahhh, that wasn't so bad" that should come with finalization can't come soon enough.

3 comments:

Marcie said...

What a nice New Year's... I'm praying for you guys all the time. The days (and weeks, months, years in our case!) before the finalization are so so hard... You can't even imagine what a relief it is when it's over. You'll be amazed that you were able to put up with it all... Hang in there!

jag said...

This was a funny one! Cracking up about JJ's crazy moments with the sparklers! The family pic is great! LOVE IT! I can't wait to hear that it's final! Come on already!

Belinda said...

Hang in there sweetie...that magic date really is fast approaching. Just sit back and enjoy the wonderful memories that you are already making. It is so obvious that you are already a FAMILY and that's what is important. I CAN'T WAIT to celebrate with you when that last paper is finally signed!!! BTW Precious SO IS a beauty queen!!