Thursday, January 8, 2009

Bitter Sweet

Adopting older children has been great for me and Aleks. Precious and JJ fit here so well, it is obvious that we are meant to be a family. There are aspects of this situation that I didn't anticipate though. Recently, I found out that JJ has CDs with baby pictures on them, tonight I got them. The emotions that I went through looking at my son as a baby were intense. I wish we could have had them here all along, I wish I could have held him while he was sleeping...




...I really appreciate the foster family that valued his development and knew that these pictures would be important to us one day.





4 comments:

jag said...

Girl! I'm getting emotional right along with you. What a beautiful baby! Sorry, JJ - hansome baby! These pictures are wonderful. I am so happy you have them (the pictures and the kids)!

Marcie said...

I so wish we had some baby pictures. Sometimes it really upsets me that we don't (I just had to send in a 3 year old pic for a school "baby" project.) I'm sure they are hard too look at... but focusing on how precious and happy he looks in them must help. There are moments it is hard to think about what you missed. I always think it's not that I missed her as a baby... but that she missed having a family as a baby. It's hard. But then I remind myself that the hardest part of her life is over. No matter what the futre holds she'll have unconditional love and support every single day. That makes me feel better. But I get it. He sure is a cutie (now and then!)

Belinda said...

What a special thing to have-the pictures are beautiful and I know you'll treasure them. Here's to the gazillions of future pictures and memories in the great times ahead!! :)

Niki said...

What great pictures! If I didn't know any different.. I would think the pic of him in the box was recent... just maybe taken far away! These truly will be treasured by you and JJ. He is just sooo cute :)