Monday, December 22, 2008

Grandparents Rock!

Aleks' mom came down for the weekend to meet the kids and they loved her! On Friday we went to Paisano's for hometown pizza and got so much more. Sparky the clown works nights "twisting for tips" and we were lucky enough to run into him. Precious says she thinks he is cute, I think that there is a lot more than age standing in the way of that romance, but no need to inform her. I think I actually like her taste in men. Then Grandma took the kids on You Tube to see a bird that dances to Back Street Boys, they were impressed. On to Lowry Park Zoo in Tampa. The otters were playful, the rays were hungry, Aleks was scared, giraffes were big, camels were fat-footed, log flumes were wet, goats were smelly and the roller coaster was nauseating for Precious. Just like you probably expected. On Sunday DECEMBER 21st it was beach day (that's for all my TN peeps)! Our house is still sandy from that. Good times. Aleks and I are really happy that all our parents have met the kids and everything has gone well. Precious actually saw me working on the montage and said "Grandma's so cool", so props to Grandma.

2 comments:

jag said...

Y'all give me happy tears. Grandma is, clearly, "so cool!" Precious, you keep saying cute stuff like that and you're pretty much guaranteed to have those grands wrapped around your finger girl!

Belinda said...

First of all-I'm pretty bitter that Aleks' mom is obviously younger than I am....OK I'm over it.

What a great weekend! But I am wondering how COLD that water must have been at the beach?! Also wondering how we have spent so much time at Lowry Park zoo and never realized that there was a roller coaster-how could we have missed it?????