Sunday, July 5, 2009

Summer Fun: Dallas

I am not quite sure who has enjoyed getting a break more, me or the kids?! Lying, it's me:) Anyway, I am a total bum and haven't posted in for ever, so I am going to try to catch up.

June 11th we flew to Texas to visit with Aleks' dad's family. The children have already met Doc and Mom Mom, but Granny, Uncle Rob, Aunt Donna, Cousin Kenya (who I think they were calling aunt?), Ray, baby Kolton, and friends Jilly Bean and Callie were all new. The visit was really about seeing family, but I couldn't have the kids in the middle of the Dallas/Fort Worth area and not do a little something touristy. We went to the old Fort Worth Stockyard area. Cow poop was on the street, a longhorn was available for photographs, a dude was dressed as an Indian with his pony that had hand prints painted on it...perfect lesson for the kids. Texas=lil' dohggies. That was all I wanted.

At home in Mansfield Gabriel and Allison got to become bikers with Doc, be totally spoiled and loved by Mom Mom, eat really good Mexican food, play with Wolfie and Maggie, and play Scrabble with Granny.


No comments: