Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Chattavegas!!

I am in my BFFs wedding this summer so I figured that I should get up there and visit before I run out of convenient time to do so (FCAT next week, finalization coming in Mayish, another wedding in May, school getting out...). The kids ended up coming with me and we got to do some touristy stuff. Uh, this feels very improper in the sentence structure/all around grammar department so I am going to a bulleted list.

-first flight for both kids, Gabriel yelled out "Oh my God!" when we sped up for take off
-when we landed at Chattanooga Metropolitan Airport (kinda a local joke, they must not have looked up the meaning of 'metropolitan' before they named it) Allison yelled down the concourse "CHATT AN OOOOOGA, hahahaha its so funny!"
-Ruby Falls is touristy, but it is also real geological formations that have been chillin there for over 3 million years...pretty cool
-Mr. Lambert (guy who found Ruby Falls ((wife named Ruby, awww)) had to belly crawl for 6 hours in a space 2X4 before he got to a spot in the cave large enough to stand in!!
-my parents' dogs are crazy
-s'mores are messy and Gabriel would rather just eat raw marshmallows than deal with that stickiness
-my daughter has crazy eyes
-exploring the banks of the TN River in 40 degrees is fun and the scenery looks like Forks (Twilight setting)
-WE LOVED OUR VISIT AND CAN'T WAIT FOR A LONGER STAY

2 comments:

Belinda said...

What a cool trip! I would love to see Ruby Falls...I actually dig stuff like that. My favorite pic?? The one of Allison holding the two marshmallows on the stick. Why is it my fave??? Because you can see Gabe behind her with his cheeks completely FULL of yumminess!!

Kristina said...

mmmm marshmallows!!!