Sunday, November 23, 2008

Mi Familia

We had the kids overnight this weekend. It was exciting to finally get to (sorta) normal life with them, a movie here, dinner there, go play in your room...J.J. has issues with the dark, so we were worried that he might not sleep well and cry/fit when bedtime came, but he didn't. He was perfect, it only took him 10 minutes to fall asleep and he didn't wake up until 7 :) Not bad. Precious and I went shopping on Saturday to get new outfits to wear in their new Heart Gallery photo...which reminds me...The Heart Gallery http://www.heartgallerykids.org/ gets photographers to volunteer time and resources to make quality photos of waiting children so they can be posted online. Apparently, when an adoption is finalized the family is presented with the photos that were taken of the child(ren). That is awesome so I was all about getting these photos done. When I scheduled the lady was really nice and I asked her if we could be in some and she said she'd make the family pics and send them directly to us! During the shoot I decided to make Aleks my grip and use her little light disc thing to take a few snap shots, Precious really liked having "real" pictures taken and she thinks the photo of her with her arms up looks like an angel. And what else? Oh, the kids figured out Aleks' weakness and tickled him whenever they got a chance.



4 comments:

jag said...

You guy look so happy together! Did Precious get to visit my favorite gelato place on Beach Drive? SO jealous if she did!

Niki said...

You guys look so happy and comfortable with each other.I wish I could share some time with yall and one day it will come.Carrie and Alek yall are trulely blessed now!Good luck!

Belinda said...

OK..crying my eyes out! What a great weekend, one you'll never forget. I know how happy you and Aleks must be, but I am so touched by how happy the kids look. What a wonderful family you are!!!

Niki said...

It looks like everyone had a wonderful weekend! I bet those pictures turn out great. You have two beautiful children!! :)

...Hey.. only 10 minutes to get J.J. to sleep? That's awesome!.. (Maybe we can borrow you and you can work your magic on Shane...lol)

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family!!!